There was never a defining moment when I decided that I wanted to be a photographer. I never considered myself to be a creative or artistic person, but there had always been an underlying desire to create. From a young age, I remember enjoying looking at photographs and art but didn’t take this interest any further until later in life. I was fortunate enough to have traveled frequently with my family throughout the United States, and it was on those trips that I first began taking pictures with my point and shoot camera to document the places I had visited. That is where I first developed an appreciation of the beauty of landscape photography.
Many years later, I attended a college art class studying the works of artists such as Degas, Monet, Matisse and others. This fueled my interest even more in the art world. Knowing that drawing was not a gift that I possessed, my ability to create art would be put on hold but the desire would never go away. I needed to find another outlet that would feed my desire to create. Ten years would pass between that college art class and the purchase of my first DSLR camera.
As life changes, so did my interest in hobbies. Although flying is still a passion of mine, I found myself looking for something that would feed my desire to create. I was once again drawn to photography and in 2006 I purchased my first DSLR camera. With the use of my camera and some software, I am finally able to create my own visual art. I do not want to merely photograph what is seen but how an image is seen by me.
* Several of my Abandoned Baltimore images were selected for the State of Maryland Public Defenders website in 2012.
* My images have been published in the 2011 COLOR Magazine portfolio contest in which I received an "Excellence Award".
* Two of my images have also been selected as part of the 2011 HIV Awareness campaign in Baltimore, MD.
* A collection of my images are currently being shown at TAG Galleries in Fells Point, MD.
* An image has been selected for the 125th anniversary of the Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore.
If you would like to purchase any of my images, please Email Me.
You can also visit my Flickr account.
I am pleased to announce that my image of "Shoes" was chosen for the front cover of the February 2012 issue of B&W Magazine. Two of my images were chosen for Merit Awards and this image was chosen for the cover.